Along the Ancient Road from Viborg to Padborg, there are 12 hostels and two places of accommodation with cabins. The hostels are open from 1 June to 1 September, and can be used by hikers, pilgrims, cyclists and riders.
The Ancient Road hostels are a unique kind of accommodation for dedicated Ancient Road travellers either on foot or on bicycle. At the hostels, you will meet like-minded souls with whom you can share your travel experiences.
General information about the hostels along the Ancient Road
Children 7-12 years are half price accompanied by family. Children under 7 years are free.
Reservations cannot be made in advance. Beds are chosen when guests arrive.
- Opening hours are from 17:00 until 10:00 the following day.
- Sleeping is in dormitory bunk beds, and guests must bring their own sleeping bags and sheets.
- There are fully equipped kitchens as well as bathrooms and shower facilities.
- Horses can be boarded in a paddock area. Riders must bring their own feed, etc.
- Dogs are not allowed at the hostels.
- Food and beverages can be purchased at many of the hostels. Find out more under Hostels along the Ancient Road.
Hostels along the Ancient Road
’Herbergerne langs Hærvejen’ (‘Hostels along the Ancient Road’) is an initiative established in 2014 with inspiration from the Camino de Santiago de Compostela pilgrimage route in Spain.
Find out more on the website www.haervejsherberger.dk/en
Here, hikers, pilgrims, cyclists and riders on horseback can stay at reasonable prices during their holiday along the Ancient Road.
The hostels are open from 1 June to 1 September.
Overnight stays cost DKK 100 per person. These hostels belong to the ’Herbergerne langs Hærvejen’ (‘Hostels along the Ancient Road’) association. Printable lists: Hostels from:Viborg to Frederikshavn and Hirtshals and Hostels from Viborg to Padborg.