Fjerritslev is a lively trading town with a wide selection of shops. In the heart of Fjerritslev is Northern Europe's best-preserved agricultural brewery, where you can see the brewery and the brewery family's home and the museum also houses a regional history exhibition.
In the period 1897-1969, Fjerritslev private railway was in operation, where you could get to Nørresundby by train and shortly afterwards all the way to Thisted. The old railway track is accessible on many stretches in the open country. The course stimulated urban development in Fjerritslev, which became the local capital. The use of the line was at its peak in the post-war period, when there were 7 trains on the line and over 1 million passengers. There are several restaurants in Fjerritslev - Hærvejen goes directly around Fjerritslev Kro. In Fjerritslev is a youth hostel that also has the function of an army road hostel.
South of Fjerritslev is the route around the manor Ågård, which was home to the well-known noble family Gyldenstierne for approx. 300 years. In the garden is a rampart of an older castle and two castle banks, which can be traced back to the middle of the 14th century. There are footprints that lead to the ancient monuments.
Husby Hole is protected and here are beautiful Bronze Age mounds, an old hollow road and memorials to the peasant uprising.
In 1441, hundreds of North Jutland peasants threw themselves into a deadly showdown with the oppressors of the time: the nobility and the royal power. Husby Hole is part of an elongated ridge that takes its starting point on Sankt Jørgens Bjerg a little south of the village Husby. That is why the bloody civil war that ended on 8 June 1441 with King Kristoffer of Bavaria's slaughter of the peasant army is often called "The Battle of St. George's Mountain". But before that, the peasants had succeeded in luring the other party into a trap by covering the hollow road with branches and other fillings, so that the attacking riders fell in and were helplessly stuck. Between 600 and 2000 men are said to have fallen in the battles.
On the hilltop at Husby Hole, at the highest point above the hollow road, as a mark of the 500th anniversary of the peasant uprising, a large memorial stone was erected with relief by the sculptor Axel Poulsen, who has captured the drama with the defending peasants who had entrenched themselves in a vognborg - that they had pushed their work wagons together to a fortress.
Manstrup is a typical forteby, where the buildings gather around an open free-standing common area. In Manstrup's case, the fort consists of a street pond and a large swampy meadow area. By the street pond there is a packed lunch house and playground.
From Manstrup towards Aggersund, the route partly runs on a gravel road with a nice view of the waters of the Limfjord.
Aggersund is located on the north side of the Limfjord. Here was one of the three old army road passages across the Limfjord. In 1942, the Aggersund Bridge was inaugurated over the narrowest point on the Limfjord, which is only approx. 150 meters wide.
By taking a detour of approx. 2 km west of Aggersund, Aggersborg can be experienced. Aggersborg is the largest of the four known ring forts from the Viking Age. The rampart is a full 288 meters and the castle housed 48 houses, all of which were built around the year 980. Aggersborg is strategically located exceptionally well located at the narrowest point of the Limfjord, where you could monitor traffic across the fjord and the east-west and north-south sailing, as it is assumed that it has also been possible to sail north through a then canal up towards Kollerup beach.
Aggersborg Church is located immediately north of the ring wall. At the church there is access to an exhibition that tells the story in cartoon style.
The mussel town of Løgstør has a rich commercial life and offers gastronomy and many accommodation options.